Stepping Stones Rehabilitation Services strives to respond to the needs of individuals in the Mitchell area affected directly or indirectly by mood-altering chemical use or dependency through professional prevention services, education, assessment, intervention, counseling, referral, group and individual therapy, social detoxification, transitional living and continued care.
Stepping Stones is a 24 hour a day, co-ed, treatment center serving Mitchell and the surrounding communities. We are fully accredited with the State of South Dakota and we work with individuals from all walks of life. We offer a wide variety of treatment experiences including:
- Treatment Needs Assessments
- Intensive Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment
- First Offender DUI Courses
- Adolescent and Adult Aftercare
- Adolescent Treatment
- Anger Management
- Moral Recognition Therapy (MRT)
- Relapse Prevention Courses
- Parenting classes
- Strengths Group
Readiness group for Federal probationers.
The treatment experience at Stepping Stones is a team approach with board certified addiction counselors and Licensed Addiction Counselors. We offer clients the ability to reach a point of recovery while working on the whole person and family dynamics to enable recovery efforts to last a lifetime.
- State funding for treatment is available for those who qualify.
- Some insurance companies will pay for services, please contact our admissions coordinator for details.
- Most clients are able to work while in treatment and our staff monitors clients 24 hours per day.
- For admission information or questions on programs, please contact Cindy Unruh at 605-990-7014.
- Coming in house and want to know what to bring: <PDF>